“The reason for poultry’s heightened interest is clear. More than three-fifths of consumers believe that chicken and turkey are more healthful than beef and pork, and among the majority of consumers who say their overall poultry consumption is up from two years ago, most (around 70 percent) say health interests are behind their decisions to choose chicken or turkey more often at restaurants and at retail.”
Technomic, “Chicken, Turkey Gain Ground at Breakfast,” April 2013
Sautéed onion, red and green peppers, fluffy scrambled eggs and grilled Pierce Chicken® Fajita Seasoned Breast Sizzle Strips,® with sliced avocados folded in a whole wheat tortilla.
|Red peppers, cored, sliced||1½ quarts|
|Green peppers, cored, sliced||1½ quarts|
|Yellow onion, peeled, sliced||1 quart|
|Pierce Chicken® Fajita Seasoned Breast Sizzle Strips® (Code #6264), thawed||6 pounds (6 quarts)|
|Chunky salsa||3 cups|
|Monterey Jack cheese, shredded||6 cups (24 ounces)|
|Avocadoes, peeled, cored, sliced||6 each (48 slices)|
|Whole wheat tortillas (12 inch), warmed||24 each|
- Sauté peppers and onion on an oiled fl at top for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender and lightly browned; hold warm for service
To make 1 serving:
- Sauté 1 cup (4 ounces) Fajita Seasoned Breast Sizzle Strips® on an oiled fl at top for 5 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Scramble 2 eggs to order.
- Place ½ cup pepper/onion mixture, Fajita Seasoned Breast Sizzle Strips®, scrambled eggs, 3 tablespoons cheese, 2 tablespoons salsa, and 2 slices avocado on 1 side of a whole wheat tortilla.
- Fold tortilla over filling.