“A signature sauce, particularly one with a unique or flavorful name, can influence many consumers to purchase an item.”
Technomic, Flavor Consumer Trend Report, 2013.
A dark rum and cola-braised Pierce Chicken® Funny Bones® brings a delicious world of possibilities to the menu.
|Pierce Chicken® Funny Bones® (Code #41270)||10 pounds (2 bags)|
|Rum and cola sauce (recipe provided)||1 gallon|
To make one serving:
- Place Funny Bones in 2 hotel pans coated with cooking spray; pour rum and cola sauce over Funny Bones.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F.
- Serve Funny Bones with cooking sauce.
RUM AND COLA SAUCE
|Sweet onion, ¼-inch dice||3 quarts|
|Vegetable oil||2 tablespoons|
|Dark rum||1 gallon|
|Coffee, brewed||1½ quarts|
|Red wine vinegar||1 quart|
|Vanilla extract||½ cup|
|Ground cinnamon||4 teaspoons|
|Ground nutmeg||4 teaspoons|
|Ground cloves||1 teaspoon|
Makes 1 gallon:
- Sauté onion in oil in a stockpot for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add remaining ingredients; bring to a simmer and cook for 1 hour or until reduced to 1 gallon.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Purée, using an emersion blender, until smooth.