“While beef burgers remain most popular, interest in poultry, seafood-based and vegetarian options has increased over the past two years. 24% of consumers say they’d visit LSRs more often for burgers if such proteins were offered.”
Technomic, Restaurant Burgers: Thinking Outside the Bun, July 2013.
Grilled Pierce Chicken® Fillet with pepper Jack cheese, pineapple pesto and cabbage slaw on a toasted Hawaiian bun.
|Pierce Chicken® Fillet (Code #13750), thawed||24 each|
|Pepper Jack cheese, sliced||24 slices|
|Pineapple pesto (recipe provided)||3 cups|
|Hawaiian burger buns, sliced, toasted||24 each|
|Cabbage Slaw (recipe provided)||6 cups|
To make one serving:
- Cook 1 Chicken Fillet on a hot grill for 6 to 8 minutes on each side or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken reads 165°F.
- Top Chicken Fillet with a slice pepper Jack cheese while still on the grill; let stand 30 to 60 seconds to melt the cheese.
- Spread the cut side of each toasted bun with 1 tablespoon pineapple pesto.
- Layer bottom bun with cheese-topped Chicken fillet, 3 to 4 tablespoons cabbage slaw; replace bun top.
|Pine nuts||¾ cup|
|Parmesan cheese, grated||¾ cup|
|Pineapple, peeled, cored, diced||¾ cup|
|Olive Oil||¾ cup|
|Basil, fresh, chiffonade||⅔ cup|
|Garlic, peeled||3 tablespoons|
|Black pepper||1 tablespoons|
Makes 3 cups:
- Process all ingredients in a food processor until combined.
- Refrigerate until service.
|Green cabbage, cored, shredded||3 cups|
|Pineapple, peeled, cored, diced||1½ cups|
|Olive oil||¾ cup|
|Apple cider vinegar||¼ cup|
|Ground nutmeg||1½ teaspoons|
|Black pepper||1½ teaspoons|
|Ground anise seed||1½ teaspoons|
Makes 6 cups:
- Combine the cabbage, pineapple and onion in a large bowl.
- Mix the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, nutmeg, pepper and anise in a small bowl.
- Add dressing to cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until service.